mardi 7 juillet 2009

And there was much rejoicing... err paper-cutting


Today was the day of paper cutting and card making. I'm pulling hairs on the Manesse deck trying to find the best way to make the printed cards sturdy and usable for tarot reading purposes. I know how Lady Fi proceeded with her deck, and am trying to adapt her modus operandi. I want to get the same organic feeling and the same sturdiness for our cards.
I also finally finished the ATCs for the costumer ATCs exchange. I moved away from my first concept and went with linocut prints.

Aujourd'hui était le jour du découpage de papier et de la fabrication de cartes. Je m'arrache les cheveux sur le deck Manesse pour rendre les cartes imprimées solides et utilisables pour la cartomancie. Je sais comment Lady Fi a procédé pour son propre jeu et j'essaye d'adapter le processus. Je veux obtenir le même feeling et la même solidité pour nos cartes.



From start to finish : I went from a personal drawing inspired by some millinery drawing form the 1890s. Drew it on lino, trying to get a feel of how the print would look like. Promptly noticed my design was a tad too intricated for my carving skills. Printed about three times as much as shown here to get the needed number of correct prints. Am now wondering what I can do to salvage the "oops" ones... Ideas ?

Du début à la fin : je suis partie d'un croquis inspiré d'un dessin de modiste des années 1890. Je l'ai repris sur le lino, en tâchant de voir à quoi l'impression ressemblerait. Je me suis vite aperçue que mon design était un peu ambitieux pour mes talents de gravure. J'ai du imprimer trois fois la quantité nécessaire pour obtenir le bon nombre d'épreuves correctes. Et maintenant je me demande que faire avec les ratés. Des idées ?

Aucun commentaire:

Related Posts with Thumbnails